Oct. 1st – 25th: Enter Your Submission for Digging for Diamonds
CALLING ALL RED RAIDER COUPLES! Enter to WIN Thacker Jewelry’s 2017 Digging for Diamonds Contest! You could win an engagement ring valued at $10,000!
Are you or your future fiancé a current student at Texas Tech? Has the Red Raider Experience helped shape your love story? Are you willing to propose, on-field, during half-time of the Texas Tech vs TCU home game on November 18th?
Submit your favorite picture together, along with a brief version of your love story. The more people like and share your submission, the more chances you have to be selected. Bonus points if you are wearing Red Raider gear! 10 couples will be selected and interviewed by our team to ensure you qualify, are available for the November 18th football game, and are willing to propose on the field at halftime! From there, five semi-finalists will be randomly selected to move on to our voting round!
Submissions accepted through October 25th.
Enter Digging for Diamonds For a Chance to Win $10,000 Towards an Engagement Ring!
Nov. 1st – 12th: TOP 5 Couples Randomly Selected to Compete for Votes!
Thacker Jewelry will be calling all couples that entered in Round 1 to make sure they qualify for the competition. A drawing will be held with all qualifying couples to narrow the list down to the Top 5!
Thacker Jewelry will post the voting link on Facebook for the couples to share with family & friends to receive votes.
It’s time to VOTE for your favorite Texas Tech Red Raider Couple! It’s up to YOU to decide the Digging for Diamonds Couples AND help them for a chance to win an engagement ring valued at $10,000! The Winners will get the chance to compete at Jones AT&T Stadium, Nov. 18th, at Digging for Diamonds!
VOTE for your favorite couple, one vote per day! The two couples with the most votes win the chance to compete for their Red Raider love! Voting will be live November 1st – 12th and will end at 11:59pm on the 12th.
Winners will be announced on November 13th!
Digging for Diamonds!
The two final couples, announced on Nov. 13th, will compete on-field for their love! The couples will line up near the end zone and the guys will race, back and forth, selecting a ring box from a pile of boxes in the end zone and proposing to their significant other with the selected box. 1 lucky box will have an actual engagement ring inside. The couple that finds that box first, Wins $10,000 towards the engagement ring of their choice, at Thacker Jewelry. The couple will then have the opportunity for a formal proposal, after celebrating their big win!
1) PROMOTION PERIOD: Round 1, the submission period, goes from Oct 1 – Oct 25th, 2017. All submissions final at 11:59pm on Oct. 25th, 2017. 10 Couples will be selected and interviewed to determine availability and eligibility. From there, we will randomly select 5 couples to move on to Round 2. Round 2 will be a Facebook voting contest, lasting from November 1-13th. The top 2 couples with the most votes will win the right to compete in Thacker Jewelry’s Digging For Diamonds Contest, which will happen on-field, during halftime of the Texas Tech vs TCU football game on November 18th.
2) TO ENTER: Post a response to Thacker Jewelry’s official page post or visit http://thackerjewelry.com/digging-for-diamonds. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Contestants are chosen based on being ready to propose/get engages. Failure to comply with on field proposal can result in disqualification, forfeit of ring and any potential prizes given.
3) ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older at time of entry. At least 1 person MUST be a current student at Texas Tech. Both participants MUST be available for a pre-game walkthrough on Nov. 17th, and for the halftime competition during the Texas Tech vs TCU football game on Nov. 18th. Contestants are chosen based on being ready to propose/get engages. Failure to comply with on field proposal can result in disqualification, forfeit of ring and any potential prizes given.
4) RANDOM DRAWING: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing to be conducted between Oct. 26th – Oct 31st, from all eligible entries received. Thacker Jewelry, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters, will conduct drawing. Odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by email or phone. Failure to respond to the notification of winning within the specified time period in the notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, Thacker Jewelry’s inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification and, at Thacker Jewelry’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the drawing.
5) PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: $10,000 towards the purchase of an engagement ring from Thacker Jewelry. Two (2) winners of a VIP Experience to the Texas Tech vs TCU game on 11/18 which includes two (2) tickets, on-field access, on-field promotion participation with a chance to win a diamond engagement ring. Prize has no cash value and no substitutions for prizes will be permitted and prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable except at sole discretion of Sponsor.
6) RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY: All prize winners consent to the use of their names, photographs, likenesses and limited biographical information for publicity or advertising purposes without further compensation, where permitted by law. All entrants release Thacker Jewelry and Learfield Sports Properties and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, agents, employees, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the prize, including liability for personal injury, damages, death or monetary loss. Thacker Jewelry assumes no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage.
7) GENERAL RULES: The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, illegible, late, delayed or misdirected mail or email or other communications, or for any error in the printing or interpretation of the offer, the administration of the sweepstakes, or in any announcement of the winners or prizes. In no event will Thacker Jewelry be liable for more than the stated number of prizes. No cash value or cash substitutions for prizes will be permitted and prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable except at sole discretion of Thacker Jewelry. Thacker Jewelry reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this sweepstakes, in its entirety or in part, should tampering, unauthorized intervention, counterfeiting, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Thacker Jewelry reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Rules or any laws, or to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, misappropriation, infringement, or any other unfair playing practices, poor sportsmanship, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other participants or Thacker Jewelry representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THACKER JEWELRY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8) This prize may be considered income and taxes on the prize are solely the responsibility of the winner.